[Qgis-user] Osm import & multipolygons

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Nov 6 01:14:20 PST 2012

Am 06.11.12 09:58, schrieb Cascafico Giovanni:
> Hi all.
>
> Multypolygon is a relation that keeps together outer and inner poly in
> order to get the correct rendering in OpenStreetMap online maps.
> When inporting in Qgis it seems this information is lost. Is there a
> workaround?

Filling the data in a postgis database with osm2pgsql is the safest way.

Besides, multipolygon relation is not only outer and inner, but also
outer built up of several ways, or relations built of relations of ways.
There are many cases how polygons have to be built up from osm data,
vene closed ways with or without "area=yes". Osm2pgsql has incorporated
those cases, I'm not sure about that in Qgis OSM plugin.

Greetings,
André Joost