[Qgis-user] How to load postgis layer without gid (if possible..)?

aho forum.email.a at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:18:50 PST 2012

Hi Pietro,

I had the same in a project with a view. Solved it by using the function
row_number which can be used as long as it is a usual integer:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cadastre.districtviewAS

SELECT row_number() OVER (ORDER BY d.gid)::integer AS no,
d.districtcode, d.geom, count(p.gid) ascountfromtopo.districtd
LEFT JOIN cadastre.parcelp ON substring(p.villagecodefrom1 for4) =
d.districtcodeGroup byd.districtcode, d.geom, d.gid;

so something like:
select row_number() over(order by geom)::integer as no,
ST_Union(ST_Buffer(geom,500) ) as geom from public.mytable group by geom;

should also work.