[Qgis-user] PostGIS Polygon Editing

uk52rob uk52rob at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 01:07:30 PST 2012

Hi,

I have a PostGIS polygon layer in QGIS which I need to add features to.

I can add polygons to it, no problem, but I need to be able to have the edges of the new features lined up exactly with the existing features. This is essentially to fill a void in the layer, or to continue in one direction. I have done this before using local shapefiles and the difference tool (very time consuming!), but this requires separate layers.

Is it possible to achieve the same result with a single PostGIS layer, so I can overlap an existing feature with my new feature, and trim it to the existing feature's boundary?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks