[Qgis-user] PostGIS Polygon Editing

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Nov 8 08:31:44 PST 2012

Set QGIS snapping on, so the new points will be "snapped" to the nearest existing one within an appropriate tolerance.

The other way to do this in Postgis is using topology, add all your component linestrings & let Postgis build the faces/polygons from this. So shared boundaries are the same linestring, not a separate one, ensuring the polygon edges are identical.

See this example:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiTopologyExample

& the full docs:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgisTopology