[Qgis-user] Coordinate Display

. digitalmaps at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 08:22:03 PST 2012

On 11/12/2012 11:39 PM, Percy Langa wrote:

> On 2012/11/13 06:18 AM, . wrote:
>> How do I change the coordinate display at the bottom of the screen
>> from x,y to lat, long ?
> Settings > Project Properties > General Tab: Degree Display
>
> You can also choose your preferred measurements/canvas units (m,f,d), etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Percy

That works half way. It shows d m s format but the degrees are simply x
y coordinates.

The coordinate display functions properly when using the "Globe" plug in
so I know that the potential for this to work as I expect it to is
there. The coordinates agree with what is on the maps I am using.

I think the coordinate display should be independent of "On the fly"
settings.

Anyway...

--
Stay Frosty!