[Qgis-user] qgis and Large Format Print

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Nov 16 03:17:03 PST 2012

Hi all

It needs a bit more examination in which cases the problems occure. It
is reasonable to me that there is a crash if 'print as raster' is
checked and for the export to image file. In these cases, the whole
composer content is rendered into one big image first.
It is not clear to me why it crashes (or if it doesn't?) if printing to
pdf (without print as raster). Because QGIS tiles the rasters internally
and draws the images one by one using QPrinter. So in theory, this
should already work without using too much memory.

Regards,
Marco