[Qgis-user] QGis noobie needs help with importing Geotaging photos

h hdixon at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 16 18:08:56 PST 2012

Hi,
I'm a bit of a noobie to QGis, so please be gentle when explaining the
obvious!!

I am wanting to display geotagged photos in QGis (1.8.0-Lisboa running
on Open Suse)
I have found the web site:
	http://hub.qgis.org/projects/geotagphotos/wiki
but cannot get the plugin to appear in the plugins / Fetch Python
Plugins dialog box.

What is the plugin called?
What repository is it in?
Is it still available from a repository?

Can someone please step me through the process of installing software /
plugins to import geotagged photos into QGis?

(I use the exif for my own qt applications, so am reasonable
familiar with it.  It is the qgis python bit that eludes me!)

With thanks,