[Qgis-user] Options: General tab - questions about QGIS 1.8

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Wed Nov 21 04:00:10 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have some questions concerning the General tab in the QGIS options.
There are 3 entries we cannot describe properly in the QGIS 1.8 user
manual.

"Prompt for raster sublayers"
When is this option used? When to create raster sublayers?

"Scan for valid items in the browser dock"
When is this option used? What is Check file contents?
What's the deal with the option to check extension?

"Scan for contents of compresses files (.zip) in browser dock"
What's the difference between Basic scan and Full scan?
I've seen that in the Passthru layer also visible only that they are
presented with a kind of database icon and that they can be embedded.
Then what is the functional difference to Basic Scan and
Full scan?

Furthermore, we would like to know if the "Attribute table row cache"
defines the storage capacity of the cache or the amount of rows.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Larissa