[Qgis-user] How to compile gdal with ESRI FileGDB

Josef K groundwatergis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:58:35 PST 2012

Hi Johan

I succeded installing gdal 1.9.1 with FileGDB support on ubuntu 12.04,
32-bit, by the following procedure:

wget http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.9.1.tar.gz
wget
http://downloads.esri.com/Support/downloads/ao_/FileGDB_API_1_2-32.tar.gz

tar xzf FileGDB_API_1_2-32.tar.gz
cd FileGDB_API/lib
ln -sf libfgdbunixrtl.so libfgdblinuxrtl.so
sudo ldconfig
sudo sh -c 'echo "~/FileGDB_API/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf'
sudo ldconfig
cd ..
tar xvf gdal-1.9.1.tar.gz
cd gdal-1.9.1
./configure --with-python --with-fgdb=~/FileGDB_API
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

installation verified by:
gdal-config --version

and I have succeded in converting a spatialite database to an ESRI file gdb
by:
ogr2ogr -f "FileGDB" ~/test.gdb ~/test.sqlite

Now I would like to have a qgis-master installation using gdal 1.9.1 but
this remains unsolved.

Hope this helps!
/Josef