[Qgis-user] Table Join in QGIS Master

Filipe Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:22:00 PST 2012

Dear all,

I tried to join a .csv and .dbf table (table1 with FieldA and FieldB) with
a shapefile with Field A and Field B. The joined fields in the resulting
shapefile were named table1FieldA and table2FieldB. In previous versions
QGIS simply added FieldA and FieldB. Is this the new and intended behaviour?

If yes, I dont think its a good idea, because if the table field''s names
are relatively long, they will be trimmed in the final shapefiles eg.
table1Fie.

QGIS Master (today's version) and Linux Ubuntu 12.04

Tks
Best regards