[Qgis-user] 500 Internal Server Error on a clem installation of qgis mapserver under Debian squeeze

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Nov 23 06:11:40 PST 2012

Hi Patrice

You need to give the path to the project file in the request (map
Parameter), e.g.

http://10.211.55.7/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?MAP=/home/myproject.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
<http://10.211.55.7/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities>

Otherwise, the server looks for a project file in the server directory

Regards,
Marco

On 23.11.2012 15:05, Patrice Vetsel wrote:
> If I go to :
> http://10.211.55.7/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
>
> I have :
> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
> with it. The document tree is shown below.
> <ServiceExceptionReportxmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"version="1.3.0">
> <ServiceExceptioncode="OperationNotSupported">Please check the value
> of the REQUEST parameter</ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>

> May be this can help to find my problem ?!...
>
> Le 23 nov. 2012 à 14:56, Patrice Vetsel <patrice at kagou.fr
> <mailto:patrice at kagou.fr>> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'v installed a clean debian queeze (under parallels desktop 8) with
>> just a web server initial configuration (no X)
>> Testing web server from outside the VM is working
>>
>> Following
>> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial
>>
>> I do :
>> apt-get install qgis-mapserver libapache2-mod-fcgid
>> All seems ok
>>
>> but when I go to :
>> http://10.211.55.7/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>>
>> I have :
>>
>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>> unable to complete your request.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Patrice Vetsel