[Qgis-user] Georreferencing Satelite images

. digitalmaps at cox.net
Sun Nov 25 17:21:44 PST 2012

On 11/25/2012 5:41 PM, Nelson Fava wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> Ia am trying to georreferenciate CBERS satellite images from INPE and
> I can not get good results. I am using UTM coordinates. Can anybody
> help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> sincerely,
>
> Nelson Fava.

I put reference marks, 5 total, 3 on top and 2 on the bottom on each
image. When I reference them I start at the top left, then bottom left,
then top middle, etc., so that the pattern looks like a shoe lace.

Put the top marks at left corner, middle edge, right corner. Put the
bottom two at the 1/3rd and 2/3rds width bottom edge positions.

Works for me.

--
Stay Frosty!