[Qgis-user] error when installing new plugin

werner at macho.cc werner at macho.cc
Tue Nov 27 00:21:16 PST 2012

Am 27.11.2012 09:13, schrieb vrbikdan:
> Hi all,
> I have problem with installing plugin to QGIS on computer at my work.
> I'm
> using QGIS 1.8.0 on win7 and it shows this error (at the end of
> post).
>
> I can't figure out, where could be a problem. I tried to reinstal
> QGIS,
> insert plugin to folder manualy, but nothing. On my home computer is
> everything ok with the same configuration.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks a lot
> Dan
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5018963/pluginError.png>

Hi!

I am not sure if I am correct with my diagnosis but as I can see you
seem to have a name with "special" characters in it. There are known
problems in QGIS up to 1.8 with these things (beside the fact that it
seems that you have a SPACE in your name).
Probably I am completely wrong but I would choose a name without
special characters and no space and try it again.

Thanks to our gold sponsor "Asia Air Survey" those problems should be
gone with the next release.

My second guess is that you call openlayers but do not have it
installed due to some reason.
Try to clean up your qgis home directory or start qgis without plugins
and take a look.

hope this helps
kind regards
Werner