[Qgis-user] Defining the SEXTANTE roadmap

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:52:20 PST 2012

Hi all

As you might know, the SEXTANTE project started some time ago at the
University of Extremadura (Spain), where I was working. I started
creating the QGIS version at the beginning of this year, and now I do
not work for the University, but I am still mantaining it. The
University has some money that they would like to invest on improving
SEXTANTE for QGIS, as this is the version they (and I personally share
that) consider more relevant. I am not available for that task, as I
have another job, but I would help coordinate the development in my
spare time, as I do now.

There are some priorities, which involve developing certain new
analysis algorithms that are of interest, mostly for academic
purposes, and creating good documentation about how to develop new
SEXTANTE algorithms, so as to bring more developers in and ensure that
SEXTANTE will keep on growing. But apart from that, we would like to
hear from the community, to know what is better for SEXTANTE.

So, in short:

- The University has some money (not much...but some) and wants to
invest it wisely
- It is looking for ideas to define the work to do (apart from its
particular interest), in order to turn SEXTANTE into a really powerful
tool.
- We are looking for someone to do this work.

Let's start with the second point.... How do you think we should spend
this money on SEXTANTE?

Please, comment on this and help us push SEXTANTE forward.

Many thanks in advance.

Victor