[Qgis-user] Lao font not workng under QGIS 1.8 on windows

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Tue Oct 9 01:30:52 PDT 2012

Dear QGIS Users & Developers,

we use QGIS for Land registration and land use planning in the
framework of capacity building inside the Laotian government system.

Since using QGIS 1.8, we face the following problem with lao fonts:
when loading a shapefile (UTF-encoding enabled) with lao font entries
in the attribute table it doesn`t show up properly, only cryptic
signs. We use Windows 7 as operating system (but same problem on
Windows XP). Does anybody have a solution for that?

On QGIS 1.7.4 and older versions lao font always worked properly.

Cheers Stefan