[Qgis-user] Conditional expressions in Field Calculator and Labels?

Davide Inchingolo dinky974 at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 10 00:06:55 PDT 2012

Dear List,
I'm new in QGis, and I like this software very much.
Now, my question: is it possible, in Field Calculator and in Labels, to use conditional expressions in the form: IF <condition> THEN <result> ?
I would like to use expressions in which <condition> is based on other fields in the Attribute Table, and write the <result> for the field I am calculating, or for the labels.
I hope it is so, but, not knowing SQL well, I don't know the correct sintax, nor if it is possible...

Hoping in some gentle replies,
Best regards
Davide Inchingolo