[Qgis-user] Android + tablet and configuration

simbamangu simbamangu+osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:58:24 PDT 2012

Have a look at the ' tested devices page
<http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/android-qgis/Tested_Devices>  ' on the QGIS wiki.

It does tend to crash a lot – and performance with large rasters is REALLY
slow - but does work for display of live maps in the field. On my TF300 it
works pretty well, though I am not impressed with the GPS reliability on
this or any other phone or tablet I've used (iPhone 3G + 4, various
Androids); tends to lose signal a lot.

Took me ages to realise that you had to access the GPS position with the
View|Panel option!