[Qgis-user] Qgis Styles

Ben Jones bmjones at iprimus.com.au
Wed Oct 17 09:59:57 PDT 2012

I am a new user to Qgis and this list. I have colleagues that work with MapInfo and ArcGIS and am using .tab and .shp files in Qgis. Two questions:

1) Is possible to import styles that were assigned to shape files and tab files in MapInfo and ArcGIS (respectively) into Qgis (ie styles saved in an ArcGIS layer .lyr file)?

2) Alternatively is there a repository of additional polygon fill styles that can be loaded in Qgis (the existing fill styles appear to be very limited)?

Help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben