[Qgis-user] How to open a file geodatabase?

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:36:52 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:24 AM, boesiii <boesiii at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed the additional gdal file but when I try to pick the layer to add
> Qgis freezes up and closes.

I vaguely remember checking the open directory button in the dialogue
box for adding a file database (rather than opening he gdb file in
that directory specifically). You could also try browsing to it using
QGIS explorer then drag and drop on the map, it should recognise it if
GDAL is working as it should. This may be obvious, but it wasn't at
the time for me.

Matt