[Qgis-user] QGIS-Webclient Layer-visibility

Dieter Becker webmapping.dieter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:13:51 PDT 2012

Dear QGIS-users,

I have got a questions concerning the layer-visibility of the
QGIS-Webclient:

In some older mails (11/2011) of this mailinglist I found following
information:

---
There is also a pending feature in QGIS server that should allow to
 retrieve layer visibility from the GetCapabilities XML document, thus
 eliminating the need to manually set layer visibility.

 Andreas

---

Does someone of you know if there is found a convienient way in the
meantime to automatically determine the visible layers of a qgis-project so
that there is no need to write down everey layer for the rest-adress?

I know that for example the qgis-cloud-plugin for QGIS produces a js-config
file that has the information about visible layers and start-/maxExtent.
But is there also way to use something like this if I want to host my own
webclient?

best wishes,

Dieter