[Qgis-user] Problems with WMS Visualisation

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:51:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Michael Werner Maur
<michael.maur at vermkv.rlp.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we provide many WMS. These WMS are supported by UMN Mapserver. In some of the
> concerning MAP-Files the Header-Marker 'EXTENT' has an smaller expansion than
> the 'EXTENT' of an individual layer of that WMS.
>
> The result is, that the given picture in QGis is cut to the size of the
> Header's extent.
>
> Is this really the correct interpretation of the WMS standard ? There are
> other GIS systems, that do not interpretate the standard in that way !

The standard says nothing (AFAICT) about a situation when the extent
reported in GetCapabilities is wrong (differ from layer extent). It is
simply server side problem IMO.

Definitely we are not going to support such a case because that would
mean to always request full current extent even if we are outside
(according to GetCapabilities) the layer extent.

Radim