[Qgis-user] work with ECW file and custom CRS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 25 19:05:11 PDT 2012

Il 24/10/2012 18:43, Daniele Bonaposta ha scritto:
> Hi to everyone!
> first of all: I'm Daniele, a new qgis user and I'm glad to belong to
> this list!
>
> I need to display some satellite images in ecw format, I've read that
> is possible from qgis 1.8 but It looks like isn't true, besides qgis
> 1.7.4 on-line docs don't speaks about it... How I can display these
> images?
Depending on your OS, you'll probably have to install gdal-ecw and copy
the ecw dll (that you must acquire, or have on your system) in the osgeo
directory. Search the net for detailed updated instructions.

> The second question: Emilia-Romagna Region (Italy) adopt a reference
> system  ED50-UTM Zone 32N but with false north equal to
> -4.000.000,000000 meters (the reason is save up server memory, but it
> does seem like a Ciad region rather than a Italy region!). It is hard
> to understand how make a custom coordinate reference system with
> dialog window, cause It needs a good knowledge of Proj.4 projection
> library... Is there a easy way to do a custom CRS?
I think the best is to ask them to distribute it (they are using QGIS,
so they have already solved this). It would be nice to ask them to put
these instructions on their public website.
However, I think tehy also distribute data and services in "normal" CRS.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu