[Qgis-user] Grass error after QGIS installation

Wesley Roberts jwesroberts at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:13:20 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Many thanks for considering my question.

I have a clean Ubuntu 12.04 install running as a guest on a Virtual machine
hosted by Win7.

I installed QGIS using the following commands.

$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install qgis

Once the installation is complete I am able to run QGIS no problem,
however, when I try and run grass64 from the command line I get the
following errors.
Starting GRASS ...
python: can't open file '/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py': [Errno
2] No such file or directory
Received EXIT message from GUI.
GRASS is not started. Bye.

I have seen similar questions but they relate to compiling QGIS from source.

Can anyone shed some light.

Many thanks,
Wesley

--