[Qgis-user] Custom CRS-database issues?

Leyan ouyang.leyan.ml at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 08:18:27 PDT 2012

On 10/28/2012 12:25 PM, jch at caltech.edu wrote:
> Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to reply to a single subject
> in a digest?
>

> Thanks,
>
> My ~/.qgis directory was owned by root.  this is the second Qgis install
> I've done, and both times that directory ended up owned by root.  I
> changed it to my user, but it didn't help.
>
> I installed  psycopg2, no change.
>
> If I start Qgis through the terminal, I get these messages on start up,
> but no dialog when I try to save a custom CRS.
>
> "Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
> [/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
> Warning: loading of qt translation failed
> [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
> "
>
> my qgis.db file is empty.
>

> Janet
Could you try to move or delete the qgis.db file now that you have
ownership of the directory ? Having an empty file does prevent to add
custom CRS without any error message, I just tried. If QGIS does not
find the file qgis.db, it will build a new one, but if it does find an
invalid file, it will silently fail.

BTW, do you know how you obtained an empty file ?

Regards,

Leyan