[Qgis-user] ubuntu 12.10 issues

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Sun Oct 28 15:06:40 PDT 2012

On 29/10/12 07:45, Nick Kendall wrote:
> Thanks! I'll try it
>
> Sent from my mobile device
>
> On Oct 28, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> also make sure you have no packages containing qgis.
>>
>> This is easy to do with synaptic:
>> - add qgis filter
>> - sort by installed (the first column)
>>
>> On 10/28/12, Goyo <goyodiaz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2012/10/27 Nicholas Efremov-Kendall <n.e.kendall at gmail.com>:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> - Uninstall qgis-common if it's still installed (I think that's the case).
>>> - Make sure you don't have http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly/ in any
>>> of your sources lists (it seems like you don't have it any more but
>>> check).
>>> - Try again.
>>>
>>> Goyo

I'll join in here as I am having possibly related issues.

Since upgrading to 12.10 I have not been able to get QGIS to work.

It appears as if the repositories are not configured to install the
correct dependencies.

This is the error/message synaptic throws when I try and install...

qgis:
  Depends: qgis-providers but it is not going to be installed
  Depends: qgis-common but it is not going to be installed
  Recommends: qgis-plugin-grass but it is not going to be installed

I have tried setting sources to the nightly builds but it just baulks;
again complaining about dependencies.

Is quantal builds packages differently than previous versions?

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides