[Qgis-user] 1.7.4 "Wroclaw" Vs 1.8.0 "Lisboa" on OSX 10.6.8

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Oct 29 16:31:55 PDT 2012

It looks like that cleanup routine doesn't cover the delete and reinstall of QGIS itself.  This is probably your problem.

It's a known problem that appeared after I packaged QGIS, and I never got it into the readme: the installer doesn't delete old plugins in the application (there are a few plugins that were merged into the application in 1.8), and those old plugins don't agree with the new QGIS.

So, delete QGIS from your Applications folder.  Then reinstall QGIS.