[Qgis-user] load data in Qgis by a query on geom column

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:19:56 PDT 2012

Super!!
one more question
I am training on making spatial queries with postgis/qgis.
this query:

SELECT ST_Union(ST_Buffer(r.geom,1609*10)) As geom
FROM ch01.roads As r
WHERE r.name = 'US Route 1' AND r.state = 'MD';

that select a road based on its name and crossing state and perform a union
of all the buffers deriving from its segments (it's a segmented road)
doesn't load in Qgis. It works both in pgadmin and openjump.
Qgis don't load the query result I think because it lacks of a unique id
column, right?
But in this case, how can I add a unique id field (volatile) to the query?
Thankyou