[Qgis-user] new labelling method and rotation uups

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Sep 5 06:09:44 PDT 2012

Uupps, sorry, this was complete nonsense .. didn't read your post
carefully enough and got it all wrong:

You have to set x and y coordinate field before you can choose a field for
the angle.
For that, you of course create a fields for those values.
I'm not sure if this kind of labeling is really worth the hassle, cause
you can't just have the label rotated at the place where it is
automagically set, but have to drag it in edit mode with the tool for
moving labels.
Then, the x and y values in the fields are filled and THEN your predefined
angle works.
At least that what i figured out when plying with that.

I don't know who is going to use labeling in that way on what kind of
data, but its really time consuming in my opionion.

Cheers
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374