[Qgis-user] Problems downloading

David Doughan david.doughan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:31:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am having problems downloading QGIS.  I am running Ubuntu 10.4.  I added:

http://debian.gfoss.it/ squeeze main  to my repository via the package
manager and then marked for installation and got the following error:

qgis:
 Depends: libgdal1-1.7.0 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libqgis1.7.0 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: qgis-providers but it is not going to be installed
 Recommends: qgis-plugin-grass but it is not going to be installed

 Recommends: python-qgis but it is not going to be installed

I had previously tried an install of 1.8 from this site
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable?field.series_filter=lucid
but it crashed and I tried to remove everything (not sure if I did).

Could someone help me in getting this installed?

Thanks.