[Qgis-user] Which is the best way to handle TIN-Like data elaboration?

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:21:48 PDT 2012

Hi all
I face a problem with the elaboration of bathymetry data of a shallow
lagoon.
This semi-natural lagoon has shallow areas, lots of channels and islands
inside.
It's all bounded by land(inner part)/beaches (sea side).

All shallow areas are bathimetric reliefs tracks. Tracks are 150m distant
each other and and reliefs inside a track are 50m distant (xyz points).

Most of the main channels are sidescan data with 5m resolution (xyz points).
Smaller ones are polylines.
Land-Islands (0 bathimetric level) are polylines/polygons.
I usually merge all these data in a TIN (mass points, polylines and
brake-lines) that could be exported at any desired resolution for different
kind of elaboration.

With Qgis-Grass-SagaGIS which is the best way to merge all data together to
be elaborated at different resolution?
Must I convert all data in xyz points and then use them for different
interpolation?
Thanks
Pietro