[Qgis-user] Problem loading a FME generated SpatiaLite file

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Fri Sep 7 05:58:58 PDT 2012

Hi,
I've got a SpatiaLite file that was generated with FME 2013. Its beta, and
the writer is new, so maybe it has problems and that's where this problem
is caused.

Anyway, when i try and "add" one of the tables, QGIS gives an error:
*dbname='//wcc-corp.ad/BuData/MSSystems/Cad/GIS_DATA/ZZ Temporary GIS Data
& Map Storage/jm - alternate mastermaps/conwy_spatialite_uncompressed.sl3'
table="os_mm_boundaryline" (GEOMETRY) sql= is an invalid layer - not loaded
*

However, it opens fine in SQLiteStudio (though being spatial data, I can't
actually .

If I double click on one of the tables in the "add spatiaLite table(s)"
page, nothing happens but an error appears in the log:
*SQLite error: unknown cause
SQL: SELECT type, srid, spatial_index_enabled, coord_dimension FROM
geometry_columns WHERE f_table_name='os_mm_boundaryline' and
f_geometry_column='GEOMETRY'*

But that SQL query runs fine in SQLiteStudio and returns:
*GEOMETRY, 27700, 1, XY*

The file looks fine and the query works in SQLiteStudio, so I'm more
inclined to suspect its a QGIS issue than a FME one, but that's just a
barely-educated guess.
This exact same data worked fine as a SQLite export from FME.

Any thoughts what's going on?

Jonathan

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.