[Qgis-user] 3-D visualisation in QGIS?

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Mon Sep 10 04:53:02 PDT 2012

Hi John,
  1.8.0 comes with a "Globe" plugin as standard which you can enable on the
"manage plugins" menu. In my experience its extremely flaky (just enabling
the plugin brings my entire computer to its knees, even though I haven't
done anything!).
There's a little more information http://www.sourcepole.ch/qgis-goes-3d
Personally I've not yet found a good open-source 3d visualiser, though even
the proprietary stuff has issues too. Its still a very nascent sub-niche.

Jonathan

On 10 September 2012 11:15, John DJ Bennet <d.j.bennet at sheffield.ac.uk>wrote:

> Is 3-D visualisation possible in QGIS?  I have searched + found a few
> threads on the list, but could not find anything definitive.  I work in Mac
> OS (Snow Leopard).
>
> With many thanks in advance,
> --
> John Bennet

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.