[Qgis-user] NViz won't start in QGIS

Jonathan Webb jonathan at jwebbgis.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 03:08:53 PDT 2012

Hi, Re ensuring OSGEO4W installs tcl/tk libs, I don't recall seeing an
option for that, & a filesearch shows a shedload of tcl files inclding
folders: C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.2\etc\gtcltk
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\tcl C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\tcl\tcl8
\lib\tcl8.5 C:\OSGeo4W\lib\tcl8 C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\tcl\tcl8.5
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\tcl8.5 19/09/2012 which looks like it is installed? If I
do need to reinstall OSGEO4W, how do I ensure that TCL is installed? I
started to try GRASS but have yet to get my head round mapsets,
PERMANENT etc & load my data in. It did seem as if the NViz module mght
be working as a form opens up when I click through the menu File>NVIZ
although the project had no data in so couldn't test it. Unfortnately,
I'm trying to get a landscape model built ASAP so have reverted to GVsig
& will have to revisit QGis when that is done. Cheers J Message: 6 Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:36:50 +0100 From: Saber Razmjooei
<saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk> To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] NViz not starting Message-ID:
<505B1BF2.3080105 at lutraconsulting.co.uk> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"; Format="flowed" If installing from OSGeo4W, ensure
the tcl/tk library is installed. Also, could you try and run it under
GRASS itself. Cheers Saber ________________ Saber Razmjooei Lutra
Consulting www.lutraconsulting.co.uk On 20/09/2012 09:37, Jonathan Webb

--
J Webb GIS 07941 921905