[Qgis-user] Fwd: "Normal" mdb support possible for "normal" people?

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Sep 22 08:03:39 PDT 2012

Le samedi 22 septembre 2012 16:47:51 Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> Il 22/09/2012 13:55, Andre Joost ha scritto:
> > PostgreSQL/Postgis is very complicated to share/take with you or make a
> > security copy.
> actually it is easier:
>
> CREATE USER user
> GRANT SELECT ON table TO user
>
> no need to move files around, risky and inelegant.
> all the best.

Paolo,

Sharing/using data doesn't  always mean inside the same network/company. Some
time you need to share data outside you company and so it is easier to share
files. Some user are not DB user but can use QGIS for what they need.

But I am sure you know this ;)

I always talk about spatialite format in my trainning as I am sure it is the
futur most common GIS formats. Spatialite and PostGIS support the same OGC
standard for DB (and same lib ?) so spatial functions are the same.

I tested migrating a SQL script a few monthes ago from PostGIS to Spatialite
and I only need to change geometry column name to make things working :)

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin