[Qgis-user] color ramp plugin broken ?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 12:53:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

when does this error appear? If at install, let me kow if you can
install other packages, sounds like an installation problem. Any other
text? Please send me a screenshot.

If not, is the error is when downloading a color ramp archive? If so, which one?

This plugin is still marked Experimental and only works with qgis-1.9
(because these new cpt-city ramps are not supported before 1.9).

Andre (and others):

I made this plugin to download cpt-city color ramp archives.  The ones
that ship with qgis are rather limited (for now).
I haven't made any docs yet, I though it was straight-forward to use,
but I guess not.

First you select the package you want

-  Use gradients that ship with qgis -> uses the minimal selection
laready present
-  QGis selection -> free to distribute selection, about 800 gradients
- Full cpt-city selection -> all gradients,(about 6000)

Next you select the installation folder - if you are the only user,
you can select your profile folder $HOME/.qgis

Then you click Update, package is downloaded and installed.

Go to the style manager->Color ramps and add a new ramp "cpt-city",
you can browse by selection of by author.

Every 7 days the plugin looks for updates, and you can manually check
by clicking update. But this shouldn't happen too often.

There ya go!

Etienne