[Qgis-user] Starting QGIS

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Sep 25 01:47:50 PDT 2012

Hi Paolo,

sorry for the long mail. I think such requests and answers should better
go to gis.stackexchange.org, cause a mailing list not really a knowledge
management tool.

Her point was about having the possibility to construct polygons with
defined line lenghts.(Thats what i understood)
1. The rectangle ovals digitizing plugin is not in the offcial repository,
so newbies can't reach it.
2. There is still no way to control the exact lenghts of any line while
drawing.

There is a difference whether you just digitize sth from a map, or newly
construct a polygon from scratch.

Anyway, i just tried to show a possible way that crossed my mind with some
accessible tools.

greetz
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374