[Qgis-user] QGIS and GML

Petros Apotsos petrosapotsos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:40:42 PDT 2012

Dear List!!!

I am an engineer from Greece, trying to model (using UML Tools) the
infrastructure of QGIS in relation to the OGC Standards and GML
Specification. I think I am on the right track connecting the latter two
(OGC Abstract Specification & GML 3.2.1 Implementation Specification), but I
need some more help regarding QGIS. How exactly does QGIS implement the GML
specification? What parts of its library make use of what use of what parts
of the spec? These questions may seem too abstract, but all I need is a
little help to start unfolding the thread.

If we would like to be more specific, let's take as example a very important
Class of the OGC Geometry Package, GM_Point. This one is connected to the
GML 3.2.1 Spec via the PointType Point. How exactly does QGIS implement this
Type? And how is it accessible via Python for scripting/programming
purposes?

Hope you get my point and will help me out, I think I am doing a really
serious work here that is worth supporting from the community!

Thanx in advance,

Petros Apotsos

Rural & Surveying Engineer

Technical Chamber of Greece Registry Number 96798

Τ: 2310 220345

F: 2310 220346

Ermou 18A, Postal Code 54624

Thessaloniki, GREECE