[Qgis-user] query for closer/neighboring/adjacent polygons

kalpatarunrm Kumar kalpatarunrm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 23:15:36 PDT 2012

Hi everyone
I always use QGIS 1.7.4 and 1.8.0 versions. I am unable to find the
adjacent/ nearer/adjoining polygons(villages) of a polygon(reserved forest)
which are in a shape file. Actually there is a reserved  forest area which
is in polygon and some village boundaries are closer to the reserved forest
boundary. How can I find the villages which boundaries are close to the
reserved forest boundary. Which query or tools will be used for it?
with regards
Tarun