[Qgis-user] How to use fieldpycalculator plugin?

simbamangu simbamangu+osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 01:40:03 PDT 2012

Having battled with some rather  large, horrible fieldcalculator
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/17191/does-qgis-support-parsing-of-date-strings-in-tables>
expressions in QGIS, I was really intrigued by the new 'fieldpycalculator'
plugin.

Basic calculations work just fine - i.e. $id * 10 - but of course those
worked fine in the field calculator already.

However, how can I use functions such as lower() or today()? There doesn't
seem to be any way to import libraries, or any default functions available
besides the *+-/ operators.