[Qgis-user] QGis for bird surveys

Lynkos lynkosmail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 08:25:56 PDT 2013

I'd love to have the time to learn PostGIS and maybe I will one day,
although perhaps its powerful performance would be excessive for such a
small amount of data. My problem is that my job is something quite
different and I just can't find the learning time necessary. I'm sure
following the advice given here I'll be able to resolve the problem in the
 most appropriate way, Sarah

2013/4/3 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>

> Il 03/04/2013 16:52, Akinyemi Emmanuel ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> > I will suggest she uses PostGIS database. She can add all her data in
> there from
> > Excel, modify them, add new ones and easily interact with QGIS. She can
> aslo perform
> > SQL operations in PostGIS and display them in QGIS.
>
> I love PostGIS, but I do not think it is a viable solution for newbies.
> All the best.
>
> - --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
> www.faunalia.eu

Con altri occhi - parole e immagini dalla parte della natura
www.lynkos.net