[Qgis-user] QGIS installation - GPG Error - public key is not available - reg.

Jaisen Nedumpala jaisuvyas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 10:29:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am Jaisen Nedumpala.
I am new to this list.
I use Debian Squeeze.
I have a small problem here with QGIS installation.
I tried to install QGIS from the repo: http://qgis.org/debian squeeze main

As per the instructions given at
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#21-Debian,

Section: 2.1.1 Release,

I removed all the pre-existing QGIS, GRASS packages,

Then added the following lines to the sources.list:

deb http://qgis.org/debian squeeze main
deb-src http://qgis.org/debian squeeze main

And issued:

# apt-get update

But it returns an error message as follows:

GPG error: http://qgis.org squeeze Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
EBB1B7ED997D3880

The section doesnt tell anything about the GPG keys.

So I added the keys as per the instructions in the section 2.1.3 Master, as
follows:

gpg --recv-key 997D3880
gpg --export --armor 997D3880 | sudo apt-key add -

But it returned as follows:

# gpg --recv-key 997D3880
gpg: requesting key 997D3880 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
?: keys.gnupg.net: Host not found
gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect: No such file or directory
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
debian:/etc/apt# gpg --export --armor 997D3880 | sudo apt-key add -
gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

I searched for the solution, but didn't get anything.
What could be the problem? Can anybody help me to solve?

Thanks in advance.

--
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -