[Qgis-user] NoData on GRASS Raster

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 03:20:20 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Timmie <timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have loaded a GRASS raster directly by opening the mapset.
>
> In GRASS maps itself the NoData, i.e. null(), cells are left transparet.
>
> In QGis these are shown with the colour of the most inferior class.

No data values should be transparent by default. If not, it is a bug,
please fill a new bug report.

> How can I get them to be transparent?
>
> In the transparency settings (next tab in properties dialogue), only
> numerical values are allowed for the NoData field.

No data values are represented internally by a numerical value, you
can try to find the no data value (in general tab) and use it in
transparency but that is just a workaround.

Do you see a no data value in "No data value" group box in
transparency tab? Is it checked? What identify tool says for your no
data pixels?

Radim