[Qgis-user] Entire layer disappeared

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Apr 8 05:16:23 PDT 2013

 Hi,

 In the layer symbology settings you can only change the label - not the
 numbers. The numbers define the relation between the data and the
 symbology (the rules). If you want to change the numbers you have to use
 the field calculator in the attribute table and afterwards adapt the
 symbology.

 Andreas

 On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 03:44:31 -0700 (PDT), Khaled Ibrahimi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have an shp layer of soil types originally designed by numbers like
> 100, 101, etc... I changed these numbers under symbology by their
> corresponding soil types (Vertic soil instead of 100, etc...). When I
> applied the changes the whole layer disappeared. What was wrong?
> Thanks
> Khaled

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A