[Qgis-user] QGIS and SQL Server 2008

Pēteris Brūns pb at sungis.lv
Wed Apr 10 09:54:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

if your polygons and multi-polygons are in the same table first of all,
as you indicated, try to create polygon and multi-polygon views. But if
you want to edit the data, then better is to keep polygons in one table
and multi-polygons in another.
One more thing - check if the polygons and multi-polygons are valid.

Regards,

On 2013.04.10. 18:51, Steven Campbell wrote:

> Hi
>
> I hope someone can help, I have a layer in a sql database that
> contains both polygons and multi-polygons. I am trying to bring this
> in to QGIS. I can connect without a problem but only a few of the
> polygons are appearing, can anyone help explain where I might be going
> wrong? I’m pretty new to QGIS (only been using for a couple of days) –
> would I have to create views of my singular layer on SQL (one with
> polygons and one with the multi-polygons) for the application to bring
> all that data in?
>
> Any help would be greatly received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Campbell
>
> GIS Manager
>
> Corporate Strategy and Communications
>
> Borough of Poole | Civic Centre | Poole BH15 2RU
>
> Tel: 01202 633 362
>
> Email: s.campbell at poole.gov.uk <mailto:s.campbell at poole.gov.uk>
>
> Website:www.boroughofpoole.com <http://www.boroughofpoole.com/>
>
> */Think Green! Please Recycle/*
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential,
> legally privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for
> the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The copyright in
> all documentation is the property of the Borough of Poole and this
> email and any documentation must not be copied or used other than as
> strictly necessary for the purpose of this email, without prior
> written consent which may be subject to conditions. Any view or
> opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of the Borough of Poole. The Borough of
> Poole reserves the right to inspect incoming and outgoing emails. If
> you have received this email in error please contact the sender by
> return and confirm that its contents have been destroyed. Telephone
> enquiries should be directed to the Borough switchboard on 01202 633633.

Pēteris Brūns
SunGIS
+371 26336691
pb at sungis.lv