[Qgis-user] SAGA-GIS on OS X 10.7

Agustin Diez-Castillo gvsig.mac at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 04:32:03 PDT 2013

Dear all,
After some success installing SAGA, I've tried editing SagaUtils.py and
hard coding the SAGA_FOLDER to /usr/local/bin with not success. Having not
knowledge of python, it seems to me that the following else clause should
work in mac as well.

        if SextanteUtils.isMac():
            testfolder = os.path.join(str(QgsApplication.prefixPath()),
"bin")
            if os.path.exists(os.path.join(testfolder, "saga_cmd")):
                folder = testfolder
            else:
                testfolder = "/usr/local/bin"
                if os.path.exists(os.path.join(testfolder, "saga_cmd")):
                    folder = testfolder

and the same in the next call to Mac

        elif SextanteUtils.isMac():
            fout.write("export SAGA_MLB=" + SagaUtils.sagaPath() +
"/../lib/saga\n");
            fout.write("export PATH=" + SagaUtils.sagaPath() + ":$PATH\n");
        else:
            pass
        for command in commands:
            fout.write("saga_cmd " + command.encode("utf8") + "\n")

In this case I have doubts if SAGA_MLB should be "../lib/saga\n" instance
of ""/../lib/saga\n"

I've tested most of the above option with no success whatsoever
Error messages are not always the same but the further I get is to:

 Error while checking SAGA installation. SAGA might not be correctly
configured.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"/Applications/QGIS_2.0-dev.app/Contents/Resources/python/plugins/sextante/saga/SagaUtils.py",
line 146, in checkSagaIsInstalled

from sextante.core.Sextante import runalg

ImportError: cannot import name runalg

Best