[Qgis-user] Adding PostGIS views to the map

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:14:01 PDT 2013

As I recall, QGIS used to treat any unique int field as a suitable key for
adding a layer, so that views that were registered in the PostGIS
geometry_columns table could be added to the map. Now that geometry_columns
is a view rather than a table, spatial views are registered automatically.
They appear in the tables list in QGIS, but the primary key has to be
selected manually (even if they underlying table column is a suitable
primary key).

Perhaps I am misremembering that this step was necessary previously, but I
wonder if there is any way to avoid it, e.g. by making sure the key column
has a specific name, data type, etc?

Regards,
--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Asst Professor of Geography, Dartmouth College