[Qgis-user] Hillshade problem

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Apr 22 23:45:00 PDT 2013

On 04/22/2013 11:05 PM, Lester Anderson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to use the hillsahde option with some raster data, but I
> have not managed to get a good result. The azimuth and angle can be changed
> and that works fine, but the vertical exaggeration does not change - tried
> values from 0.25 to 10, and all look identical ie grossly over-exaggerated.
> Not sure what I am doing wrong?
>
> Any solutions would be appreciated. I am using v1.8.0 of QGIS.
>
> Lester

Are the pixel values different between those attempts? If so my guess is
that you need to change your symbology to not stretch min/max as that
might result in an identical looking image since the exaggeration is
applied evenly to all pixels. ie. 1-10 will symbolize the same as 1-100
if the they are both 10 categories of colors and the exaggeration was x10.

Enjoy,
Alex