[Qgis-user] Where to get a current build without using OSGeo4W

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Fri Apr 26 03:48:13 PDT 2013

HI Werner,
Thanks for the information. I guess if/when I convince WCC to look into
QGIS as a corporate solution we'll investigate commercial support at that
time, and this will be one of the issues that I'll keep an eye out for.

But it does occur to me - there's no point getting a bug fixed in a timely
fashion (commercial support) if you need to wait n months until the next
official release to get the fixed version. So surely updated builds must be
being created for the commercially supported, i.e. like your mentioned
sourcepole.ch. This must result in a lot of duplication.
I was also surprised at the huge number of commercial support providers
QGIS has compared to GeoServer which does ~monthly point releases.
Thanks again,
Jonathan