[Qgis-user] Running v.clean on a QGIS vector layer (Polygon) through Sextante

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Apr 30 04:10:01 PDT 2013

Dear all

I was wondering: When I run v.clean on a QGIS vector layer through Sextante,
a temporary GRASS location is created, the GRASS topology for the QIS-layer
is build, v.clean applied and the result exported to shape, am I right?

That is in general really very useful. Especially because (Q)GIS-beginners
do not have to aquaint themselfs also with GRASS in order to make use of
it`s topology model!

My questions are:
Since GRASS applies som cleaning, at least when importing Polygons, is there
a possibility to adjust the cleaning procedure from v.in.ogr there?
Building the topology and cleaning can be quite time consuming. Is it
possible to run more than one cleaning algorithm on one non-GRASS-input at
once, like snapping, breaking boundaries, removing dangles and
duplicates...?

Thanks
Stefan