[Qgis-user] Running v.clean on a QGIS vector layer (Polygon) through Sextante

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Apr 30 11:46:18 PDT 2013

Hi,
don't know if i understand the matter correctly, but what i extracted from
Stefans initial question is, that there is no v.in.ogr accessible in
Sextante, and therefore no advanced options for snapping and minimum areas
to import from e.g. shape files.
Especially for badly digitized polygon layers, this one-time import into
GRASS with the advanced options cures almost all errors for me in 99% of
the cases.

v.clean.snap, as it was suggested by Paolo, is no alternative for that,
cause snap seems not to handly polygons but only lines! ("snap: snap lines
to vertex in threshold" from grass manual).
So, i never found an easy way for topologically cleaning polygon layers
through other v.clean functions as easy as with v.in.ogr, but as long as
it's not accessible in Sextante, i still have to manually import it in
GRASS (with all the mapset and location hokuspokus, most people do not
understand)

Maybe i'm completely on the wrong track. In this case: Please direct me ;)

Cheers
Bernd

Am 30.04.2013, 17:02 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374